Sunday 20 December 2009

The Food Supplier

Let me introduce you to my Pet Man. He's pretty soft and very naive to say the least. I mean, let me tell you from the outset that he thinks he's in charge and what kind of folly is that, I hear you asking? But hey, I occasionally play along just to keep him keen and to be fair he certainly does a lot of hard work foraging for gravy bones and dog food and the like. So, let's give him the odd bit of obedience and servility now and again. He deserves it.

As for what he does, the answer it seems to me is not a great deal. Oh, but he does take great pride in the fact that he surfs rather a lot. Surf, surf, surf. It's all I hear. Now don't get me wrong. I like the beach and even a bit of catching waves myself. But when I meet up with my friends I have more interesting things to talk about than when the next easterly wind is due. To be really honest, the only wind I ever talk about with my friends is the you know what wind and for that you can never quite tell which direction it's going to blow next. Or for how long for that matter. Good thing we don't have dog forecasters on the TV trying to predict all of our winds. Where would be be then?

So, he's a surfer and I like to tease him by calling him The Surf Dude. Though more precisely I'd say he's a surf bum. Which is just about the best kind of pet a dog could ever wish for.

No comments:

Post a Comment